PDA-San Francisco and Gray Panthers
Post-Election Political Roundtable
The Clinton defeat and Trump victory has come as a shock. What forces were at play among voters? How serious a split does this represent among ruling forces?
The 2016 election has been called the most important election since 1932, Looming issues range from the future of Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid and the influence of Peter Peterson, former Chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations, to the developing collision course with Russia and China, and the influence of the Pentagon generals urging escalation in Syria. What will be the role of transnational finance and trade agreements? At what point does a covert police state become overt, and what are its implications for domestic surveillance, militarized policing, and mass incarceration?
- Laurence Shoup, author, Wall Street’s Think Tank
- Peter Dale Scott, author, The American Deep State
- Stephen Zunes, author, Tinderbox
- David Talbot, founder, Salon Magazine
- Rebecca Gordon, author, American Nuremberg
- Peter Phillips, author, Project Censored
San Francisco Muni lines 5, 31, 33, 43. Limited street parking available. Wheelchair accessible.
2497 Golden Gate Ave
Maraschi Room (#125)
San Francisco, CA 94115
Google map and directions